- Explore the underground world of Ledenica cave
- Visit Gavrilo Princip’s house (Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand’s assassin and Yugoslav nationalist)
- Hike to Šator Mountain and Šator lake
- Visit Preodac village (village with 300+ springs)
- Enjoy an amazing, local farmers lunch
This tour combines exploring one of the Southeast European biggest caves, hiking and swimming.
Our first stop on the tour is the enormous Ledenica cave, which is one of the biggest and most beautiful caves in Southeast Europe. After that, we’ll have a short stop at Gavrilo Princip’s house which serves as a museum. Later we continue our drive to the village of Preodac from where we’ll hike to the remains of a 15th century fortress whose mysterious history got lost throughout the centuries. There we will enjoy a lunch break with an enchanting view of the valley.
Afterwards, we will be driving to Šator Mountain, where we’ll climb the peak (1792m) with an optional swim in the Šator lake. Here we will have a barbeque with some to relax at the lake time.
After dinner, we head back to civilization.
|Pick up at your location in Bosansko Grahovo
What to bring
- Hiking boots or sturdy walking shoes are recommended
- A day pack
- 1.5 litre of water
- Rain gear
- Sun hat
- A camera.
08:00h – 10:00h
|The underground world of Ledenica cave
10:00h – 10:30h
|Visit of Gravrilo Princip’s house
10:30h – 14:00h
|Visit of Preodac village (village with 300 springs)/Launch
14:00h – 17:30h
|Hike to Šator Mountain and Šatorsko lake
17:30 – 19:00h
19:00h – 20:00h
|Drive back to Bosansko Grahovo